How to add User Profile Property in MOSS 2007?

Here are some steps for adding user profile property.



1- Go to Shared Services Administration >>SharedService1



2- Under User Profiles and My Sites click on User profiles and properties






3- Click on Add Profile Property



4- Enter property name, description & display name
5- In policy settings set the default privacy setting as per your choice like My Manager, MyWorkGroup, Everyone etc.

Here I am going to select [Only Me]



6- In Property Import Mapping you can map this property to Active Directory property as well.
Here I am not going to map it.




7- Now click come back to User profile and properties and click View User Profile






8- Select preferred name




9- Here I am going to put [Tariq Younas] in search



10- Click on it and press Edit




My profile is open as you can view my AccountName




Here state is now appeared & it is allowing to show [Only ME]

Now I am putting and going to Save and close




12- As i entered in State Filed



13- Now Save and close





Now your User Profile Property has been added.
Happy addition :)